I started 2011 off with not a lot of moderation....January 9, I ran my first marathon. 26.2 miles of fitness, the next weekend I had two nights of wine drinking with two mornings of headaches to follow. Not what I was hoping for at the beginning of the year, so now I sit down and reevaluate.
I don't want to make resolutions....I am setting goals. The first goal is to set a good example for my kids, my family, my friends. And in that good example goal I find the need for moderation. I am not a believer in crash diets, all or nothing principles, but a believer that everything in moderation is good for you.
The second goal is to pass on a message of good health. That goes back to the first goal of being a good example. I absolutely love what I do for a living....okay, it's not a living but its a paid job. One step at a time, I look forward and realize that I need to encourage those people who come to my classes to live that life of moderation. A little bit of chocolate, a little bit of television watching followed by a little bit of exercise, and a little bit of healthy eating all balance out. Granted that's just the first step. But isn't that where we need to start?
No comments:
Post a Comment